Have you fallen in love with a Spanish speaker and want to learn how to flirt in Spanish? Or do you want to impress with some Spanish pick-up lines?
Spanish pick-up lines are quite fun and are sure to bring a smile to your crush’s face. You just have to be careful which one to choose, depending on the level of confidence you have.
In Spanish slang, pick-up lines are called piropos and use clever wordplay and bring to mind both romantic and mundane imagery.
How do you say pickup lines in Spanish?
With self-confidence and self-esteem of course! Don’t worry about making some mistakes as this will likely add a bit of charm and make your crush laugh.
After you say your pickup line and catch the other person’s attention, show your interest in them by asking them who they are or what they enjoy doing and, most important of all, be yourself.
Here’s a list of the best funny, flirty, and romantic Spanish pick-up lines with English translation, according to the occasion and confidence level so you know when to use them!
Pick-up lines in Spanish for when you are getting to know each other
These flirty pick-up lines are ideal for when you’ve only been talking for a few weeks, but you know there is chemistry between you. Don’t overuse them as you may annoy the other person, but if you see that he/she really likes you, use them with confidence and brilliance!
1. ¿Te dolió cuando te caíste del cielo?
Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?
2. ¿Te has perdido? Porque el cielo está bien lejos de aquí.
Are you lost? Because heaven is a long way from here
3. Dios debe de estar distraído porque están cayendo ángeles del cielo.
God must be distracted, for Angels are falling from heaven
4. Debo estar muerto porque estoy viendo angelitos.
I must be dead because I’m seeing angels.
5. Perdí mi número, ¿me das el tuyo?
I lost my number, can I have yours?
6. ¡Eres tan linda que se me olvidó el piropo que te iba a decir!
You are so pretty I forgot the pick-up line I was gonna tell you!
7. ¿Te llamas google? Porque tienes todo lo que busco.
Is your name google? Because you have everything I’m looking for.
8. ¡Ahora resulta que las flores caminan!
Turns out that flowers walk!
9. ¿Qué hace una estrella volando tan bajo?
What’s a star doing flying so low?
10. ¿Podrías prestarme un diccionario? Es que al verte me he quedado sin palabras.
Could you lend me a dictionary? Since I’ve seen you, I have been out of words.
11. Yo creía en el amor a primera vista hasta que entraste aquí.
I didn’t believe in love at first sight until you walked in.
DID YOU KNOW…?
According to the world’s largest interactive survey ever conducted on the planetproject.com website, Latinos say “I love you” to their partners on a daily basis more than anywhere else in the world, led by Costa Rica, Mexico, Venezuela, and Colombia.
All Latin American countries exceed 50%, in contrast to Asian countries and part of Eastern Europe, which do not even reach 30% in the mention of the precious “I love you”.
Some cheesy pick-up lines in Spanish for when the relationship starts to get heated up!
If you’ve been talking to your crush for a while and it’s more than obvious that you like each other, but you haven’t dared to take the next step yet, these flirty pick-up lines are ideal.
At this point in the relationship you already know that there is something between you but you haven’t formalized it.
12. Si tú eres el pecado, ¡estoy dispuesto a cumplir mi penitencia!
If you are the sin, I’m willing to serve my penance!
13. Quisiera ser joyero para poder apreciar todos los días un diamante como tú.
I’d like to be a jeweler to be able to appreciate a diamond like you every day.
14. Camina por la sombra, que por el sol los bombones se derriten.
Walk in the shade, because sweet candy like you will melt in the sun.
15. Si la belleza fuera delito, yo te hubiera sentenciado a cadena perpetua.
If beauty was a crime, I’d sentence you to life without parole.
16. Si amarte fuera trabajo, no existiría el desempleo.
If loving you was a job, unemployment wouldn’t exist.
17. Creo que tengo un problema con mis ojos, no puedo dejar de verte.
I think there’s something wrong with my eyes, I can’t stop looking at you.
18. Si el agua fuese belleza, tú serías el océano entero.
If water were beauty, you’d be the whole ocean.
19. Yo no tengo la culpa de que me gustes, es tu culpa por tener todo lo que me encanta.
It’s not my fault I like you. It’s your fault, for having everything I like.
20. Si la brisa de la mañana fuese parecida a ti, morirme de frío no me importaría.
If the morning breeze was like you, I wouldn’t mind freezing to death.
21. Si yo fuera azafata, te llevaría en mi avión, pero como no lo soy, te llevo en mi corazón.
If I were a flight attendant, I’d carry you in my airplane, but since I’m not, I’ll carry you in my heart.
Pick-up lines in Spanish for when you already have confidence in each other
Maybe you have already formalized the relationship or there is already enough trust to turn it up a notch! Use these pick up lines to get a laugh (or warm up a little) the mood with your special person.
22. Te voy a denunciar a la policía por robarme el corazón.
I will report you to the police for stealing my heart.
23. Muñeca, ¿de qué juguetería te escapaste?
Doll, what toy store did you escape from?
The words encantar and gustar might seem to have the same meaning, but they are used in different contexts. When you like something, you use gustar but if you love something, you use encantar.
24. Si besarte fuera pecado, caminaría feliz por el infierno.
If kissing you were a sin, I’d happily walk through hell.
25. Tus ojos son cafés, tus pestañas son negras. No pierdas la esperanza de que tu madre sea mi suegra.
Your eyes are brown, your eyelashes are black. Don’t lose hope that your mother becomes my mother-in-law.
This phrase sounds strange in English, but in Spanish, it is a fun and corny rhyme!
26. ¿Me dejas tomarte una foto? Quiero enseñarle a Papá Noel lo que quiero para Navidad.
Can I take your picture? I want to show Santa what I want for Christmas.
27. Pasas tanto tiempo en mi mente que debería cobrarte la renta.
You spend so much time in my mind that I should charge you for rent.
28. Tu papá debe ser pirata, porque eres un tesoro.
Your dad must be a pirate because you’re a treasure.
29. Qué poco azul llevas… para el cielo que eres.
What little blue you’re wearing… for the sky that you are.
30. Mami, si cocinas tal como te mueves, me comeré el menú completo.
Honey, if you cook as well as you move, I will eat the entire menu.
31. Mami, tú con tantas curvas y yo sin frenos.
Baby, you have so many curves and I have no brakes.
Mami literally translates as “mommy”. It is used by children to refer to their mother, just as in English. But in another more adult context, it is a Spanish term of endearment used to refer to an attractive woman or a female romantic partner.
They also use mamacita mostly by Colombians. You should use it with care when you have enough confidence in your partner because if there is no confidence, you can sound rude.
32. Te voy a dar un beso, y si no te gusta pues me lo devuelves.
I’m going to give you a kiss, and if you don’t like it you can return it.
33. Puede que aún no lo sepas, pero cuando te conocí, me di cuenta de que eras ese algo que llevaba buscando tanto tiempo.
You may not know it yet, but when I met you, I realized that you were something I had been looking for so long.
34. Si pudiese elegir entre la inmortalidad o una hora contigo, escogería una hora a tu lado porque la inmortalidad sin ti no vale nada.
If I could choose between immortality or an hour with you, I would choose an hour by your side because immortality without you is worth nothing.
Latinoamerican Spanish Pick-Up Lines
As Latinos are the most romantic people in the world, here are some extra Latin American phrases for flirting in Spanish! You may not understand them perfectly, so we will explain them to you.
35. Estás más buena que comer con los dedos.
You’re tastier than eating with your fingers.
Latinos are very fond of eating dishes with their hands (such as fried chicken, or arepa). Buena is a word that is also used to refer to a woman who has a good-looking, sculpted body. In other words: “you are better than eating with your fingers”.
36. Quisiera ser mantequilla para derretirme en tu arepa.
I’d like to be butter to melt in your arepa.
Arepa is a typical Venezuelan and Colombian dish that is usually eaten with butter, and the butter melts on contact with the hot arepa.
37. Si así llueve, que no escampe.
If it rains like this, I want it to keep raining.
It’s a way of saying “If that’s the way you are when I barely know you, I want to know you better” the person you are complimenting is “the rain” and you don’t want it to stop raining.
38. Mereces ser declarada Patrimonio Nacional.
You deserve to be declared National Heritage.
They use it to tell you that you are so beautiful, unique, and amazing that you deserve to be declared by the state as an important figure for the country, as Latin Americans are quite nationalistic!
39. Si cocinas como caminas, me como hasta la raspa.
If you cook the way you walk, I’ll eat even the burned-on food.
The raspa is the food that sticks to the pan after the food is served.
40. Bienaventurados los borrachos, porque ellos te verán dos veces.
Blessed are the drunkards, for they shall see you twice.
It is said that drunk people can see double. That’s what this pick-up line is all about!
41. Del cielo cayó una rosa, y mamacita tú me gustas para esposa.
A rose fell from heaven, and mamacita, I like you for a wife.
Some very repetitive piropos start with “from the sky fell a rose…” but this one is a bit more original, and besides, it’s a rhyme.
Choose a pick-up line!
Sometimes deciphering piropos can feel like wordplay, as these romantic phrases often employ a lot of puns, making them excellent practice for advanced Spanish learners. Pick-up lines can also be a good way to perfect certain tricky grammar points. To further familiarize yourself with the romantic context, we recommend watching romantic movies in Spanish.
If you are not yet at a very advanced level, you can watch them with English subtitles, but if you dare a little more to sharpen your ear, watch them with Spanish subtitles, or without subtitles! Also, the couple’s reality shows are full of pick-up lines and another interesting Spanish vocabulary, which will help you practice everything you’ve learned in this blog.
If you want to romance your Spanish-speaking crush in Spanish like a native, it’s best to learn Spanish with personalized classes with native teachers to achieve your goal of dating a Spanish speaker! Start today, with a free 1:1 class or sign up for a 7-day trial of group classes and see why SpanishVIP’s methodology will help you get by in record time!
Want to learn Spanish, fast?
Download our e-book, Easy Spanish Shortcuts, and learn your first 1,000 Spanish words in under a day!